Summit & Eagle County Residents: If You Suspect Mold, Follow These Safety Tips
Mold growth can be a big problem for a homeowner, and at SERVPRO of Summit, Lake, Park, & Eagle Counties, we know exactly how to handle the testing, mold removal, and restoration of a property back to preloss condition.
The Growing Effects of a Mold Infestation
The mold in the photo shown above infested a local Eagle County crawlspace – thanks to a pin-sized hole in a freshwater pipe that went undetected for almost a month. Thankfully, mold problems like this can be mitigated with the right expertise and equipment – and SERVPRO was there to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Check out the before and after photos to learn more.
Our trained technicians were able to test for and remove the mold growth in the crawlspace, and then restore the space back to its preloss condition. The family who owns this home was very grateful that we were able to recover their home and protect them from any potential health effects.
What You Should Do If You Find Mold
At SERVPRO of Summit, Lake, Park & Eagle Counties, we specialize in mold cleanup and restoration. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.
If you see visible mold, it is very important to make sure you don’t disturb it. Microscopic mold spores can spread very easily, and you can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home to unaffected areas.
When mold is disturbed, the mold spores can become airborne and circulate inside your home.
Below are some tips on how to handle mold damage should you discover it. Check out our mold damage emergency tips as well to learn more.
Tips on How to Handle Mold Damage
What to Do-
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Call us 24/7 at 970-949-3235 for emergency mold remediation.
What NOT to Do-
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.