Fire Damage Restoration Tips
Vail is one of the most beautiful locations in all of Colorado.
The village of Vail has so much to offer for outdoor enthusiasts, from skiing at the world class Vail Ski Resort to some of the best fishing you’ll find in the country in Gore Creek.
It’s no wonder that this area regularly draws thousands of tourists each year with attractions such as the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens.
Unfortunately, all of the natural beauty of Vail doesn’t prevent it from experiencing its share of fires. When fire strikes, the residents and businesses of Vail need a professional restoration service they can count on and that’s where SERVPRO comes in.
We’re ready to respond 24/7 and provide the best quality restoration with our exceptional training and state of the art equipment.
Facing the prospect of restoring your property after a fire can be daunting.
Here are some handy tips that can help you through the restoration process:
- Limit movement in your home to prevent the spread and deeper embedding of soot particles.
- Keep your hands clean when working to prevent the further soiling of all surfaces.
- Place clean towels or old linens over rugs, upholstery and high traffic carpet areas to prevent further damage.
- If your electricity is off, remove all food from the refrigerator and freezer and prop the doors open to air it out.
- Clean and protect any chrome surfaces with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash all houseplants carefully, being sure to wipe both sides of leaves.
- Change your HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to prevent the spread of soot particles.
All of these steps can help to mitigate the damage and prevent soot from spreading even more, giving you a head start in the restoration process.
Of course, the best possible thing you can do in these situations is to call SERVPRO and let our professionals handle the work. We have the necessary training to ensure that your property is thoroughly cleaned and returned to its previous condition and we’re guaranteed to respond faster to any disaster.
There are some things you should avoid doing, including washing walls, painted surfaces or carpeting yourself or cleaning electrical appliances and turning on ceiling fixtures in water damaged ceilings.
Safety is always first when it comes to fire restoration.
You should determine whether it is safe to remain in the house, taking particular account of any electrical or slip and fall hazards.
Only undertake restoration activities that are safe for you to handle and remember that wet material can be very heavy, so be careful when handling it.
Don’t assume you have to do everything yourself.
Call SERVPRO and let us handle the restoration process for you. We’re ready to take your call and send our trained technicians out to your property right away to begin the restoration.
With SERVPRO on your side, you’ll know your home is in the best possible hands.