Ice Dam and Snow Removal Service
Ice Dam Removal Service
What is an ice dam?
An ice dam is the ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof which prevents melting snow from draining as it should. The water that backs up behind the ice dam can leak into the home and cause damage to walls, floors, ceilings, insulation, and other areas. Most ice dams occur on the lowest edge of your roof.
There are 6 warning signs for ice dams:
1. Your home has had ice dams in the past.
2. You see roof ice– icicles forming on the edge of the roof, or off the front edge of the gutter.
3. Ice is coming through the soffit.
4. Ice is forming behind the gutters (if gutters are present).
5. You see ice or water on the exterior wall.
6. You see water coming through the frame of a door or window.
Professional Ice Dam Removal
SERVPRO of Summit offers safe, professional snow and ice dam removal services for your home or business. Our experienced team will be onsite within a matter of hours, saving you time, effort and costly repairs later. Don't wait until it's too late. Call us today and have the job done safely and done right. (970) 949-3235.
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Summit is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Summit
SERVPRO of Summit specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.