6 Tips and Tricks For When You Find Mold in Your Home
1. Don’t panic. Mold can happen in everyone’s home, especially in bathrooms or damp basements.
2. Contact your insurance provider to find out if mold removal is covered under your policy. In most cases it will be, but it may depend on the cause of the mold.
3. It is beneficial to have the mold tested to see what kind of mold you are dealing with and to what extend your home has been affected.
4. Make any necessary changes to minimize mold in your home (caulk around water fixtures, fix any roof leaks, clean gutters, etc.).
5. Decide with your mold specialist whether it is safe to remove yourself or whether hiring a professional to provide remediation is a good idea. Once removed, retest your home to measure mold levels.
6. When you need a professional, turn to SERVPRO of Summit, Lake, Park & Eagle Counties! Our team specializes in stopping mold at the source, cleaning and decontaminating the affected area, and taking measures to prevent more mold growth. With state-of-the-art equipment and proven techniques, we restore your property to its previous condition.