Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
And so it happened! What your were not expecting occurred. The storm came, tested your properties water-proofing and now leaks persist, or the older infrastructure in your home is beginning to show it’s age and pipes are leaking, or those once trusted appliances are now not so trustworthy. The waters here, the damage has happened, what’s next?
Well, first, don’t panic! Water damage, though unhelpful and problematic, is regular and normal. It happens throughout Breckenridge, Vail, Frisco and surrounding areas. You are not alone and there are many others who have dealt or are currently dealing with these exact same issues.
A few thoughts and then some tips listed below.
Trust a professional. Dealing with water damage requires skill, delicacy and experience. SERVPRO of Summit, Park, Lake & Eagle Counties is the team to call. We are trained, experience, equipped and ready. We are, as our motto goes, "Faster to any size disaster."
We’ve put together some tips of how to respond before help arrives, see those below.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (970) 949-3235
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.